Pediatrics & Family
Healthy Weight Management is a Family Affair
In a recent five-year study* involving 4,400 families and more than 7,000 children, researchers from University College London found that children whose parents were in a healthy weight range were twice as likely to also fall within a healthy weight range. Similarly, children whose parents were overweight or obese were in turn much more likely to be overweight or obese.
Why? Because children learn behavior from their parents. If you choose watching television over exercising, chances are so will your children. The same goes for nutrition: if you make unhealthy food choices, so too will your children. But with Dr. Seltzer’s Pediatric & Family Weight Loss Program, you – and your family – can break the cycle of generational weight gain.
Childhood Obesity Treatment for Individuals and Families
The most effective way to treat – and prevent – childhood obesity is to adopt healthier habits for the entire family. It sounds so simple, yet can often be a daunting challenge.
And that’s where Dr. Seltzer comes in. Offering a comprehensive approach to family weight management, Dr. Seltzer and his team of specialists will arm you with the tools you and your family need to achieve long-term well-being, including:
- Board-Certified Medical Supervision
- Customized Nutritional Guidance
- Personalized Health and Fitness Programs
- Treatment of Weight-Related Issues
– such as heart disease, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, depression, and diabetes
- Ongoing Counseling and Therapy
- Participation in support groups
Offered to children ages 12 and up, Dr. Seltzer’s program will enable you to change family behaviors, create a healthy weight environment, and transform your family’s health and well-being.
* “The Intergenerational Transmission of Thinness,” Katrina L. Whitaker, PhD; Martin J. Jarvis, DSc; David Boniface, PhD; and Jane Wardle, PhD. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, October 2011.